Friday, January 7, 2011

Journal 01 & Course Reflection 01


My name is Michael Burton and I’m from a town northeast of Columbus called New Albany. I’ve lived in the Columbus area my whole life, only moving from Canal Winchester to New Albany when I was about 9 years old. Though I did not greatly enjoy school throughout middle school and high school at New Albany, I always looked forward to my math, art, and gym classes and was even more excited to participate in extracurricular activities such as sports. The three sports I played at New Albany were football, wrestling, and track. These were the things that kept me busy and out of trouble throughout high school and middle school. Because of my faith in Christ, I was also involved in Young Life in high school where I found most of my friends. Outside of school, sports and Young Life, there isn’t much more to my life that makes it exciting. I love problem solving of all kinds, being around other people, and laughing so I guess I’m a pretty easy guy to get along with.
                I am currently a Pre-Architecture major, so I’m taking this Design 200 course to help open my mind to an artistic or dynamic way of problem solving. Hopefully I’ll be able to find an alternative major or minor through taking this course rather than putting all my money on Architecture of Landscape Architecture. I also hope that this course will expand my thinking on design, help improve my problem solving skills in different ways, and expose exactly what my strengths and weaknesses are so I’ll know what career path to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment